National/international building envelope consultancy seeks highly motivated exterior wall consultant for Chicago, IL, and Leesburg, VA offices.
Successful candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of aluminum-and-glass curtain wall systems; window systems; masonry; stone; precast concrete; or unitized/panelized façade systems featuring barrier wall, rain screen, or pressure equalized performance capabilities; and have an understanding of the use and application of sealants, flashings, thermal insulation, and air/water/vapor barrier materials within the systems listed above.
- Be able to read and understand architectural and structural drawings, wind tunnel test reports, and technical specifications.
- Be able to work with clients and other consulting staff to develop new architectural details and/or remedial details and specifications for exterior building enclosure systems.
- Be able to work outdoors in the field observing installation on construction sites; performing existing wall condition surveys and performing diagnostic testing in accordance with industry standards.
- Be able to communicate and work both independently and within a team environment.
- Have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and Bluebeam/Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Some travel is required.
The following qualifications are considered a plus, but not required:
- Licensed (or working toward licensure) Architect or Engineer.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Revit.
- Participation in National Standards Committees.
- Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Company benefits for a full time position.