CDC applies its full complement of design consulting, detailing, and technical specification writing services for the remediation or full replacement of exterior facades, roofing, and waterproofing systems. Our remedial/recladding experience encompasses historic preservation, curtain wall system repairs, window replacement, skylight repairs, masonry repairs or replacement, EIFS repair or replacement, stone anchor redesign & engineering, and sealant restoration/replacement for private, public, and institutionally-owned buildings.
Recladding & Remediation Services We Provide
- Preliminary investigation and testing of existing systems and building structure prior to execution of remediation or recladding design.
- Review of architect's design documents.
- Review of exterior window washing attachment to the facade.
- Thermal analysis of exterior facade or roof systems.
- Evaluation and recommendation of materials and finished, system type/design theory, sealants, and code requirements.
- Detail development and drafting for incorporation into design documents.
- Preparation of bid documents, and analysis of bid packages after bidding.
- Review and comment on procedures and construction sequencing.
- Review of subcontractor shop drawings and technical submittals for conformance with the design intent.
- Observation of repairs or new system installation, including reporting
- Field testing for structural performance, resistance to water penetration, and air infiltration.