CDC employs InfraRed (IR) thermography to diagnose building envelope performance problems. IR imaging can reveal:
- Undesirable air flow through an envelope assembly.
- Moisture trapped within an envelope assembly.
- Voids in thermal insulation.
- Condensation-prone conditions.
- Thermal bridges that create undesired thermal transfer through the envelope assembly.
CDC combines expertise in building envelope design and engineering with on-the-spot IR visualization to quickly assess problem areas of a facade, waterproofing, or roofing system. Follow-up analysis in 2D using THERM®, or in 3D using Finite Element Analysis programs, allows us to focus on the sources of problems and develop sound repair and/or abatement strategies.